Serves 4 – 226g serve
Sodium per serve:
Teriyaki stir-fry sauce per serve– 1377mg.
*This is for the sauce only. Not the entire meal as shown in this recipe.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs cut into strips (refrigerate until required)
- 100g cooked fresh noodles or pasta
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- ½ deseeded and finely chopped red chilli
- 1 thumbnail sized piece of grated fresh ginger
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- ½ deseeded and diced (thumbnail size) green capsicum
- ½ deseeded and diced (thumbnail size) red capsicum
- 1 pak choi – shredded and washed
- 4 florets of broccoli – cut into 1/4s
- 4 button mushrooms- cut into 1/4s
- 20 ml olive oil and a further 2 tablespoons
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 2 teaspoons of toasted desiccated coconut
- 2 twists of cracked or ground black pepper
- ½ small bunch of fresh coriander finely chopped
- In a thick bottom pan or wok heat the oil with a moderate temperature.
- Add the garlic, onion, mushroom, chilli and ginger and cook for 1 minute – do not colour.
- Add the chicken strips and cook for 4 to 5 minutes – check it is cooked by making sure the juices are clear and if a piece cut in half it is no longer pink.
- Add the two tablespoons of olive oil and heat for a further minute.
- Add the remaining broccoli, pak choi, peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked noodles and stir gently.
- Season with the lime juice and cracked or ground pepper.
- When ready to serve toss in the fresh coriander.