Serves 4 – (400g per serve)
Sodium per serve:
Vegetarian risotto 922mg per 400g serve
- 250g risotto rice
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 25ml olive oil
- 25g salt-reduced margarine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 225g quartered chestnut mushrooms
- 1L water
- ½ bunch finely chopped chives
- 30g grated parmesan cheese
- Place a saucepan onto medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, onion and thyme and fry for 2 minutes until soft but not coloured.
- Add the butter and melt.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and bay leaf – then stir.
- Gradually add the liquid and keep stirring as the risotto simmers (approx. 20 minutes).
- Once the rice is tender stir in the chives and cheese and serve.